I haven't been keeping up with this like I should, so hopefully I can do a better job by posting it here on my blog.
Roundup of Memories
The ‘roundup’ is for closing out the month… I will take time at the end of each month to review my calendar, my pictures, my layouts, and anything else that will help me “roundup” my memories. Then I will make sure I have the details recorded. This will be an enormous help when it comes time to create layouts and add journaling. It is also a wonderful reflection tool and a great way to stay on track with goals and ideas.
What books did I read this month?
I didn't have a long book to read for Book Club this coming month, so I had some time to actually catch up on some of the books people have passed along to me. I'm very happy about that! I read:
Freakonomics by Steven Levitt (Book Club book for November)
The Kalahari Typing School for Men by Alexander McCall Smith (library book - I want to finish reading this series - I LOVE them!)
Safe Haven by Hannah Alexander
The Cat Who Came for Christmas by Cleveland Armory
Magazines?
I am SO far behind on magazines - it's not even funny - like over a year - no joke! I managed to read the People magazines that Stacey brought me. I read two Guideposts and I am still working on the Reader's Digest in my purse and a Real Simple.
What movies did I watch this month?
It was actually a busy month for movies for me! At the movies, I saw Changeling with Stacey; Twilight (!!) w/Stacey and Christy; and Four Christmases w/Tracy. Then on TV, I watched The Lake House, The Five People You Meet in Heaven, and The Transporter.
TV shows?
All the usual: Terminator: The Sarah Conner Chronicles, NCIS, The Mentalist, Law & Order: SVU; Without a Trace, Bones, Two and a Half Men, CSI, The Unit, Desperate Housewives, Cold Case, America's Most Wanted, The Locator, John Edward's Cross Country, Chelsea Lately, The Soup, I Survived, Cosby Show re-runs, Oprah, The Starter Wife, Real Simple Real Life, 30 Days, Pushing Daisies, Chuck, Dog the Bounty Hunter, CMT Insider, Criminal Minds, and even a couple Bewitched.
What special days did I celebrate and how?
Thanksgiving was spent at my parents' house in Augusta. It went well and the food was excellent. Then we hosted a Thanksgiving dinner here at our house on Saturday evening after Thanksgiving for a few close friends. Tracy fried a turkey and it was awesome! But I was turkey-d out by that point. I did make my annual turkey/scallopped potato casserole, but then I was done!
What illnesses or health concerns did I have this month?
Just the usual IBS symptoms off and on. And a little bit of sinus troubles - it rained a lot in November.
However, my father was in the hospital for a couple of days - they found a blood clot in his right leg.
What fun things did I do with my friends and/or family?
I've already mentioned the movies; I also did some shopping with Stacey; cropping with Carolyn, and eating lots of food!
What new foods, recipes, or restaurants did I try this month?
None that I can think of...
Again, I can't think of any... getting ready to start Christmas shopping.
What were this month’s disappointments?
I've been disappointed in the number of mood swings and days of depression I've been having. I'm hoping it's just the weather and when the sun returns, I'll feel better. But these mood swings have cause some tense moments in my interpersonal relationships. What else is new?
What were my accomplishments this month?
Did some genealogy work for a client; surprised my parents with a visit; finished making Christmas cards; got some in-depth cleaning done here at the house.
No comments:
Post a Comment