Thursday, April 2, 2009

March 2009 Roundup of Memories

What books did I read this month? The Story of Edgar Sawtelle by David Wroblewski (Book Club); Blood Relations by Clare McNally, and Mad River Road by Joy Fielding (Audio Book)

Magazines? All You, Reader's Digest

What movies did I see this month? Angels with Dirty Faces (James Cagney/Humphrey Bogart), Twilight (2nd time), The Shaggy Dog (Tim Allen version), The 24 movie

TV Shows? Burn Notice, Leverage, Everybody Hates Chris, Dog the Bounty Hunter, The Sarah Connor Chronicles, CSI, Clean Sweep, Oprah, Cold Case, Lie to Me, John Edward Cross Country, America's Most Wanted, Chelsea Lately, Two and a Half Men, Saving Grace, Medium, CMT Insider, Ghost Whisperer, Desperate Housewives, My Name is Earl, Law & Order: SVU, The Locator, The Cosby Show, Golden Girls, Parole Board, The Soup, The Unit, Chuck, Bones, Criminal Minds, NCIS, 24

What special days did I celebrate and how? None this month!

What illness or health concerns did I have this month? None, thank goodness!

What fun things did I do with friends and/or family? The first two days of the month were part of our trip to Jacksonville. We spent one day visiting with a cousin whom we had not seen in 25-30 years. We spent the next day touring downtown Jacksonville and viewing the architecture and sights.

Later in the month, Mom came for a visit and we went to the Atlanta Botanical Gardens for the "Orchids meet Glass" exhibit, ate lunch at the Varsity, and went to the High Museum of Art to see the Terracotta Soldiers.

Scrapped every week with Carolyn at Archiver's.

Went to the Georgia Archives for some genealogy learnin' and research with Donna B.

On the very last day of the month, I enjoyed a day of shopping and visiting with Stacey.

What new foods, recipes, or restaurants did I try this month? Made a new chicken and stuffing recipe in the oven. Messy, but good. We liked it better than preparing it in the crock pot. Tried a new restaurant near Loganville... Mimmie's Home Cooking. It was OK, but it threw me into an immediate IBS attack, so I don't guess I'll be eating there again. Tried a new sandwich at Firehouse Subs: BBQ Brisket... YUM! And a new sandwich at Arby's... Bacon Cheddar Roastburger... also YUM.

What special or unusual purchases did I make? None

What were this month's disappointments? So much rain!! Not enough sunshine! Also, I went ahead and slammed the door on two friendships that were, for all intent and purposes, over. Just made it final.

What were my accomplishments this month? Changed security alarm companies; scrapbook pages completed; taking awesome pictures of the flowers at the botanical gardens; did our taxes

No comments: