Monday, July 13, 2009

June 2009 Roundup of Memories

What books did I read this month? "I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings" by Maya Angelou (book club)

Magazines? Guideposts, Real Simple Travel

What movies did I see this month? The Blue Dahlia (Alan Ladd and Veronica Lake) (1946); Rain Man; Arsenic and Old Lace (Cary Grant); A Few Good Men; Juno

TV Shows? Ghost Whisperer, CSI, The Mentalist, Bones, Desperate Housewives, Lie to Me, America's Most Wanted, Dateline: Taylor Swift, NBS Special: Day in the Life of the Obama White House, 24, CMT Insider, Dateline on ID, Law & Order: CI

What special days did I celebrate and how? My birthday! Lunch with Stacey; Lunch at Varisty and visit to IKEA with Donna B; cropping with Christy and Carolyn with a cake; lunch with Lisa; visit from Mom with cookie cake; dinner with Tracy.

What illness or health concerns did I have this month? None! Just the usual allergy and IBS stuff.

What fun things did I do with friends and/or family? Lunch with Yvette; Went with Mom to pick out her new kitty cats; my birthday and all it entailed; cropping with Christy and Carolyn every week; visiting my cousin, Wesley, in Kite.

What new foods, recipes, or restaurants did I try this month? None that I can think of. Tracy was working on a big project and was gone a lot so I didn't cook much.

What special or unusual purchases did I make? We bought a car! A 2008 Mercury Mariner. More Sizzix (including several alphabets!), a table for my laptop; a desk chair for Tracy (which Patches is using WAY more than he does!)

What were this month's disappointments? None!

What were my accomplishments this month? Not having a car payment!

No comments: