Thursday, January 1, 2009

December Roundup of Memories

What books did I read this month? The Horse Whisperer by Nicolas Evans; Amazing Peace by Maya Angelou; The Problem with Murmur Lee by Connie May Fowler; and The Color of Water by James McBride.


Magazines? Reader's Digest; Real Simple (both over a year old); Guideposts; and People.

What movies did I watch this month? At the movies: Madagascar 2; Marley & Me; Bedtime Stories. On TV: The Transporter 2; I was a Male War Bride; The Batchelor and the Bobby Soxer; The Maltese Falcon (seen before); Transformers (seen before); Failure to Launch (seen before).


TV shows? Terminator: the Sarah Connor Chronicles; Two and a Half Men; Everybody Hates Chris; NCIS; Without a Trace; Law & Order: SVU; Bones; CSI; Desperate Housewives; Ghost Whisperer; America's Most Wanted; Cold Case; The Unit; Dog the Bounty Hunter; Chelsea Lately; I Survived; CMT Insider; Chuck; Pushing Daisies

What special days did I celebrate and how? Christmas was spent on vacation in Tampa. We were at Busch Gardens that day.


What illnesses or health concerns did I have this month? Had put a new meal plan into effect so was doing great... no IBS flareups. UNTIL I ate friend catfish on the 23rd in Valdosta while on the way to Florida. Up a good part of the night with one of the worst IBS attacks ever.


What fun things did I do with my friends and/or family? Visited Lights of the South - a huge Christmas lights display - with my mom. Went on vacation with Tracy and visited Busch Gardens, SeaWorld, and the Florida Aquarium. Mom rode down to Tampa and back with us. Scrapbooked with friends on various days. Visited the Georgia Archives with Donna Bingham. Met with friends for a Christmas dinner in Lawrenceville. Had lunch and went to the movies with Donna Joseph for her birthday.

What new foods, recipes, or restaurants did I try this month? Got reacquainted with several old recipes due to the new meal plan, including Catfish Parmesan. YUM!! (BAKED, not fried!!!). Ate at different places in Florida: Hungry Howie's - great subs but way too big!; Tia's Tex Mex; Bob Evans - oh, how I've missed them - the BEST breakfast!!; interesting experiences at restaurants/cafes inside the parks - especially paying over $30 for pizza w/fries for me and ribs for Tracy!; tried a new salsa - Salsa Verde - that I really liked at a Mexican restaurant in Buford I had never been to; tried an Italian restaurant in Augusta with my mom - yummy; and had dinner with friends at Olde Towne Tavern in Lawrenceville - nice place.


What special or unusual purchases did I make? Buying Christmas gifts, of course; bought several cute souviners on vacation, i.e., magnets and key chains and pictures.


What were this month’s disappointments? Learning that my dad did not do everything he could have to protect my mom and/or make things easier for her once he passed away.


What were my accomplishments this month? Handling things for my mom when my dad passed.

No comments: