Sunday, February 1, 2009

January 2009 Roundup of Memories

What books did I read this month? Jumper by Steven Gould and Sineater by Elizabeth Massie. Both of these were passed along to me by my friend, Christy! Really liked Jumper, but I understand the movie is almost NOTHING like the book. Sineater was OK.

I also listened to the audio book, The Full Cupboard of Life, a #1 Ladies Detective Agency book, by Alexander McCall Smith.

Magazines? Guidepost, People, In Touch

What movies did I see this month? Operation Petticoat with Carey Grant and Tony Curtis - very good movie - very funny. I continued on my Carey Grant kick and saw My Favorite Wife (loved it!) and The Bachelor and the Bobby Soxer (funny, but not my favorite).

TV Shows? All the usual: CSI, Bones, Two and a Half Men, Everybody Hates Chris, Terminator: The Sarah Conner Chronicles, Without a Trace, Law & Order: SVU, Desperate Housewives, America's Most Wanted, NCIS, Ghost Whisperer, My Name is Earl, Oprah (though not nearly as much as usual.. I think I'm burnt out on Oprah), Clean Sweep, Real Simple Real Life, CMT Insider, and Cold Case. I think I caught Chelsea Lately and The Soup once the whole month! And I actually watched (I can't believe I did this.) A Very Duggar Wedding!!!

What special days did I celebrate and how?
None this month!

What illness or health concerns did I have this month?
None! Was a good month!

What fun things did I do with friends and/or family?
Mom came up and we exchanged Christmas presents and then went to the CNN center and took the tour, The Container Store and IKEA. Stacey joined us.

Then for Donna Bingham's birthday on the 22nd, I took her to The Container Store and out to lunch at Cheeseburger in Paradise.


I cropped with Carolyn at Archiver's three times this month.

Donna and I went to the Lunch 'n Learn at the Georgia Archives. It was about Presidential visits to Georgia and was SO interesting! Then we spent a couple of hours doing research.

Visited my cousin, Wesley Jr. and got to hear some more great family information!

What new foods, recipes, or restaurants did I try this month?
I can't think of anything. We ended up doing something different on new recipe night.

What special or unusual purchases did I make?
I think all the purchases I made for my new scrapbook room were special! Baskets and boxes and organizing goodies. And a Making Memories Embellishment Center! Fun stuff!

What were this month's disappointments?
None! It was a great month!

What were my accomplishments this month?
Well, Tracy did the most work on my new scrapbook room, but I am happy that I got all my stuff in there and organized. I have also cleaned out and rearranged closets like a mad woman this month!

In addition, I touched base with some people I had not talked to in a long, long time. I have been exchanging e-mails with Tiffany and Robin. Meg Vaughn called me.

My sister and I renewed our relationship this month. Hi, Pat!!! :)

No comments: