Friday, November 21, 2008

Another story to tell...


What attracted me to Tracy...

It was March 1992. I was 24 years old and living in Milledgeville. I had been divorced for almost a year. I wasn't looking for anyone. I was actually living as a hermit at the time. Working at the bank as much as possible, cross-stitching in front of the TV at night along with long hours on the phone with my best friend, Karen. That was literally about it.

Then I got a roommate. I knew Julee from doing volunteer work in Milledgeville. She moved in and immediately insisted that I get out of the house some. So she took me to the local country bar, Cowboy Bill's. The bar was in the middle of the club, and for whatever reason, the thing to do was just to keep circling the bar. I guess that way you could keep an eye on the dance floor, and then the pool tables, the restrooms, and the front door! We were circling the bar and happened to stop near the front door by the cirgarette machine. Suddenly a VERY good looking guy walked by. Julee looked at me, and I looked back at her with raised eyebrows. And then the guy stopped and asked me to dance!

So obviously the first thing that attracted me to Tracy was his good looks. It didn't take long for me to learn how kind he is. He fell for me hard, and that was attractive. He is easy going. He likes animals. He is patient. He had (and still has) a good job. He treated me like a queen. He bought me jewelry pretty early on! :)

He still has all of these qualities (except the jewelry has been replaced with scrapbooking supplies and bookshelves!). I guess that's why we're still together after 15 years!

(The picture of the younger, skinnier us was taken in June 1992.)

1 comment:

Stacey said...

OMG!!!! What a sweet story. And that photo, ya'll look like babies.
Very sweet, even for you Liz. ;-)
Stacey