Sunday, November 23, 2008

My favorite season

My favorite season, by far, is spring. I love the warmer weather; I crave the sunshine; I feel more energized; and I tend to get spring fever! It is a time of re-birth, renewal... or blossoming, if you will. I can feel myself starting to come alive during a warm March or especially in April.

I truly believe that I suffer from S.A.D. (Seasonal Adjustment Disorder) or just plain sunshine deficiency. My mother noticed it when I was a child. I notice it now. I'm not an outdoors-type of person, but there has to be a certain level of sunshine for me to function at my best. On a cloudy, rainy day, I just simply have no motivation.

"The day the Lord created hope was probably the same day

He created Spring." - Bern Williams

We need spring. We need it desperately and, usually,
we need it before God is willing to give it to us.
- Peter Gzowski, Spring Tonic

No comments: