Sunday, June 7, 2009

May 2009 Roundup of Memories

What books did I read this month?

I didn't actually finish a book this month... not even my book club book!

Magazines?

All You; Real Simple; Reader's Digest

What movies did I see this month?

The Bicycle Thief (Italian film); Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest; The Philadelphia Story (Cary Grant, Audrey Hepburn, Jimmy Stewart); The Birds (Tippi Hedren)

TV Shows?

The Locator, Two and a Half Men, Oprah, CSI, Without a Trace, America's Most Wanted, Oprah, Lie to Me, Bones, The Mentalist, Bewitched, Step by Step, Chuck

What special days did I celebrate and how?

National Scrapbooking Day - several friends and I cropped here at the house.
Mother's Day - Mom and Tracy's parents came over on the Saturday (day) before Mother's Day and we had a fish fry.
Went to Morrow with Tracy and his parents to his Aunt Ruth's 80th birthday party.

What illness or health concerns did I have this month?

Allergies... had to take my Clarinex almost the entire month... probably because of all the rain we got.

What fun things did I do with friends and/or family?

Went out to dinner on Cinco de Mayo with Elaine.
Cropped with Carolyn at Archiver's (only once this month!)
Trip to Washington DC with my mom!!

What new foods, recipes, or restaurants did I try this month?

Tried a new pork chop recipe - with chicken broth, roasted red peppers, and red potatoes in a skillet on the stove... It was good!

Had to try several new cafes in DC cause that was the only thing around... the most interesting was the cafe at the Holocaust Museum... it billed itself as Kosher, but evidently they believe that Kosher means no meat of any kind. They didn't offer any. Mom and I ate pantinis... which I had never had before. Due to the Italian seasoning, it was pretty good.

What special or unusual purchases did I make?

Stacey and I had great fun ordering Tuesday Specials from Sizzix this month!

What were this month's disappointments?

Can't think of a one! Woo Hoo - good month!

What were my accomplishments this month?

Learning my way around Washington, including the bus and Metro systems.
Keeping my mom and me safe on that trip.

No comments: