The word of the day... DRIVE. and drive and drive and drive.
We left the motel about 9:20... all I wanted was Chick-fil-A chicken minis. We've had nothing but McDonald's for breakfast for a week... was a little chicken too much to ask for? Well, apparently so in North Carolina. GPS said the closest Chick-fil-A was in Columbia, SC! So we had to eat McDonald's AGAIN.
Other than the breakfast stop, I drove straight through to Augusta. I was very sleepy, but Mom was not much help. I think that everyone gets in the passenger side of a car when I'm driving and goes into a zone. Jo Ann, Stacey, and now my mom... I'm running off the side of the road, fighting to keep my eyes open, and they are just over there like "La la la" and totally oblivious to the fact that I could kill them at any moment. So I spent a lot of time just calling people... someone talking to me was all I needed.
We got to Auguata about 1pm. I went straight to the Chick-fil-A on Washington Road! If I couldn't have it for breakfast, then I gosh darn could have it for lunch! When I stepped out of the car, I realized I had not been out since Fayetteville... it was all I could do to straighten up!
Took Mom home and did a few things on her computer for her. For those of you on AT&T, if it asks you about "upgrading" to the Yahoo! mail thingie... DON'T DO IT!! They don't allow POP access without paying for it, so now Mom has to read her mail on the web. Not a huge biggie, but it's the principle of the thing!
Left Mom's about 2:30 and drove on home. I listened to a book on tape for awhile, and when that didn't work anymore and I felt myself getting sleepy, I called Stacey. That kept me going, and the time passed quickly enough. I got home about 4:15... Everyone was glad to see me...
I didn't have to lift my hands the rest of the night. I got in my recliner, like I said I would... with Patches on top of me, of course... and took a nap. Tracy cooked supper, fed the cats, and cleaned up the kitchen. I got on the computer, ate, and watched TV. It was a good night!
And even though I woke up sick in the middle of the night... I don't know what it was and it went away... and Kimmie woke me up about 6am... it was still a good night in my own bed.
And now I am on the computer, instead of unpacking. Well, with this weather, I'm not going anywhere, so I have plenty of time, right?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment