It's going to be an exhaustive week! I wanted to get our planned itinerary down so that I can compare it to the actual events after I get back!
Saturday, May 16: Drive to Augusta, pick up Mom and her car, and drive to Fayetteville, North Carolina.
Sunday, May 17: Drive to Petersburg, Virginia and visit the Civil War site there. My great-grandfather, James M. (Jim) Tapley, fought there, and his brother, Francis, was killed (and is buried in a mass grave) there. Continue to DC and get checked into our condo. Get the last bit of rest for the next six days!
Monday, May 18: U.S. Capitol; U.S. Supreme Court, Washington Monument, WWII Memorial, Lincoln Memorial, and Vietnam Memorial Wall.
Tuesday, May 19: The White House, Holocaust Museum (Holocaust Survivor speaker and tour), Night tour of Washington
Wednesday, May 20: Crime & Punishiment Museum (oh, if I would only be so lucky that John will be there!), Ford's Theatre tour
Thursday, May 21: Arlington National Cemetery; Kennedy Center show in the evening
Friday, May 22: Mount Vernon (home of George Washington), including the river cruise there
Saturday, May 23: Smithsonian: American History Museum, Natural History Museum, Sculpture Garden, Portrait Gallery Museum, and Air & Space Museum (yea right! - realistically, probably just the bolded ones).
Sunday, May 24: Jefferson and FDR Memorials, if we haven't managed to squeeze them in anywhere else. Drive to Fayetteville, NC.
Monday, May 25 (Memorial Day): Drive Mom home to Augusta and bring myself right on back home to my honey and my kitty babies.
Whew! I'm tired just typing it out!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment