Monday, May 4, 2009

April 2009 Roundup

What books did I read this month? The Film Club by David Gilmour (book club)

Magazines? Real Simple, People, Reader's Digest, Guideposts

What movies did I see this month? It Happened One Night (Clark Gable); The Long, Hot Summer (Paul Newman); The Bridges of Madison County (Clint Eastwood); The Petrified Forest (Leslie Howard)

TV Shows? John Edward Cross Country; Lie to Me; Two and a Half Men; The Unit; NCIS, My Name is Earl, Cold Case, Terminator: the Sarah Connor Chronicles, Life on Mars, The Golden Girls, Dog the Bounty Hunter, Oprah, Criminal Minds, The Mentalist, Saving Grace, 24, CMT Insider, America's Most Wanted, Without a Trace, The Locator, Everybody Hates Chris, Bones, Clean Sweep, Desperate Housewives, Ghost Whisperer

What special days did I celebrate and how? Father-in-law's Birthday... dinner at the Blue Willow Inn in Social Circle with him, Mary, Tracy, me, my mother, and her friend, Joanie, who was visiting from Tampa

My husband and I celebrated our 16th wedding anniversary with a trip to North Georgia. It was a quick trip, but a lot of fun.

What illness or health concerns did I have this month? Just the usual IBS stuff; thank goodness nothing worse than that!

What fun things did I do with friends and/or family? My mom and Joanie came up and we had lunch at the Varsity and went to the Atlanta Civic Center to see the King Tut exhibit. The next day we went on a driving tour of Atlanta with myself and notes from Emory University as the tour guides.

My friend, Meg, who I had not seen in 10 years - since she moved back to Michigan - was here visiting with her family. I got to hang out with her one afternoon; have lunch with her and another old friend I had lost touch with another day; and Tracy and I had Mexican with her and Steve another night.

Cropped with Carolyn at Archiver's three times this month. One time, my friend Donna Bingham joined us! Cropped with Carolyn and Christy during Spring Break at Christy's house!

Had lunch with my friend, Sandy.

Had lunch with my friend, Donna Joseph, during her Spring Break.

Donna Bingham and I had our usual fun, learning day at the Georgia Archives this month.

What new foods, recipes, or restaurants did I try this month? I tried a new recipe - Lasagna Soup. And while it did not turn out much like soup or lasagna, it was still very good!

What special or unusual purchases did I make? I bought a (smaller) digital camera to carry in my purse. I got a good deal on it at Big Lots. It's pink (!) and it's by Polaroid. My only complaint is the little thing can blow through some batteries!

I also bought the "Pixie" - a craft sewing machine by Singer. Bought it at Wal-Mart. It is made to be used in paper crafts... that's why I got it. Sewing on paper is tough on a regular sewing machine. It has like 8 different stitch patterns - it's great!

What were this month's disappointments? All I will say here is that relationships are hard, no matter what kind they are. People disappoint me... and I am sure I disappoint them sometimes, too. But things are better now - for everyone involved.

Ended up spending Easter Sunday alone... Tracy got called out on the storms.

What were my accomplishments this month? Not completely losing my mind over the events alluded to in the previous question! :)

No comments: