Sunday, May 24, 2009

Day 9 of Washington Trip: Sunday


We packed up the car and were on the road at 9:15 am. Traffic was nothing getting through downtown to the beltway. We drove to Richmond and met my friend from high school, Charles. We went to school together from 4th grade right through high school graduation. He is an engineer with Phillip Morris. We met him near his work and followed him to a restaurant near where he lives. His wife, Wanda, and his youngest son joined us. It was a wonderful lunch. I asked Charles like 20 questions… trying to catch up on everything. He has always been such a nice guy, and his wife seems just as nice!


We left Charles and headed back up the road to a scrapbooking store I had spotted earlier!! It’s called Memories Galore. It was a pretty good store. I got several papers to use for my Washington trip, along with some other goodies. Mom got the fever and bought several things, including an album. She says she’s going to scrapbook the pictures from this trip. We’ll see.

Then we headed to a Goodwill store we had spotted. I didn’t find a thing there, but Mom had some good luck.

We finally got out of Richmond at 4:30 – over 4 hours after we arrived!!! Then I had to drive 3 hours to Fayetteville. It rained off and on the entire trip, but fortunately, it was never heavy. We only stopped to get a drink and gas. We got to Fayetteville at almost 8 o’clock. I pulled in the motel, checked in, and we didn’t even go to our room. We went straight to a Mexican restaurant and had dinner. We finally got in the motel between 9 and 9:30…


I’m ready for sleep… and to get home…

No comments: