Not much to tell today...
My sinuses/allergies were full blown when I got up this morning. So I had to take my medicine and wait until it kicked in before I could get moving. Luckily, I had packed almost everything yesterday - just needed to throw in the last minute items this morning. And what would I do without Tracy? He helped feed the cats, made the bed, picked me up a breakfast biscuit, and anything and everything else he could to make my morning easier!
I finally got on the road about 10:15 am. Had to finish listening to my audio book on the way so I could drop it off at the library in Augusta. It took almost to Augusta, but I got it done!
Got to Mom's house and got her car loaded up. It took both of us to lift my suitcase out of my trunk and get it into her trunk!! LOL
We stopped at KFC in Augusta for lunch. The service was a joke, but the grilled chicken was pretty good. That was the first time I had tried it.
We made it to Fayetteville, North Carolina about 5 p.m. We're staying at the Sleep Inn right off I-95. Our room is small, but very nice. It's just a pit stop anyway - we're going to stay here again next Sunday night on our way home. We went to dinner across the street at Ruby Tuesday's. Now just like at home... I'm playing on the computer and Mom is watching the news!
Tomorrow it's on to Petersburg Civil War Battlefield and then DC!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment