I thought of a category I missed... Grocery stores. There are no Krogers or Publix. There are Albertson's and Stater Bros. And lots of fresh food markets like Whole Foods, Trader Joe's, and one I had not heard of: Fresh & Easy.
Also, the roads are TERRIBLE here. Georgians don't realize it, but we have excellent roads. In Beverly Hills, the roads are all smooth and nice and the next lane over might be in Los Angeles and it's all bumpy and rough! LOL We can just about tell when we go from one city to another by the road conditions!
On the freeways, there are no signs letting you know what restaurants or gas stations are on the next exit. You just have to chance it, I guess, and hope something is there you want!
At almost every red light intersection, instructions are painted on the road, in each lane, letting you know to "Stop Here" or if there is another road feeding into the one you're on, the instruction may be "Keep Intersection Clear." The only thing that is really driving me crazy about driving here is that your right lane will at some point run out with no warning or your left lane will suddenly turn into a left turn only lane with no warning!
That's all for now...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment