Well, in just twelve short hours, Mom and I will be at the airport, waiting to board a plane that will take me to a new place - Los Angeles. I'm nervous... I don't remember being this nervous about going to Phoenix last year. Is it because of the dire traffic warnings I've received... maybe, but I've driven in Atlanta and D.C.... and I'll have my GPS so I should be fine. Is it because I'm leaving Daisy for the first time? That's probably a big part of it. Dogs are so much more needy than cats... I mean, I've always worried about and missed my cats when I've traveled, but let's face it, they are much more independent and can go potty in the house! Daisy is soooo attached to me... I just hope she won't grieve and will realize that I AM coming back. Anyway, I also think part of my nervousness comes from the fact that I've become such a homebody... and I've become set in my ways. For me, it's another side effect of getting older. I know myself well enough to know that I will be fine once we get going... that I will enjoy this big adventure to the fullest... it's just the pre-show jitters!
Suitcase was already overweight before I even finished packing the last minute items! So I had to shift a couple of things to Mom's suitcase (how in the world did she have room left in her suitcase?!!!) and then I came in at 46 pounds. It is obvious that if we buy ANY souvenirs, we will be shipping them home. Mom also has the advantage of carrying her overnight bag as her carry-on. I have my laptop bag... which is fully of electronic items and cords with no room for overflow clothes. I swear I'm going to drive as much as possible from now on cause these airlines are service charging us to death! $12 to pick your seats ahead of time; $15 for the first checked bag - gone up to $20 now; $25 for the 2nd checked bag so I will NEVER do that; no lunch on the plane; $10 if you choose priority boarding; Goodness knows how much if your suitcase is one ounce over 50 pounds; etc., etc., etc. Regular folks can't afford to fly anymore!
Must get to bed... got to get up early to finish the last minute packing and everything else. Hopefully, tomorrow night, I'll be able to post a picture of my first view of the Pacific Ocean!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
and now Southwest (my favorite airline) is going to take over AirTran which will reduce competition further and not help pricing all around-though I believe the existing AirTran flights may now become service fee free flights for checked bags,etc. (So even if you pay a bit more for the flight, you still usually end up saving)
Post a Comment