Thursday, November 11, 2010

I'm gone again...

and not just around the bend... though that is a possibility any day. 

My friend, Donna Bingham, and I are way up in Duluth (a whole hour from home) working on our laptops at the LaQuinta, getting psyched about attending the FIRST Family History Expo at the Gwinnett Center tomorrow and Saturday!  Registration begins at 7am tomorrow and we will not have a break, I'm afraid, until the expo is over at 6:30 on Saturday evening!!  We have divvied up the classes - divide and conquor - and we are ready to soak up some learning!!  I just hope I'm not too sleepy to take it all in!

I will not even catch my breath before I have to go to Augusta next week.  Mom is having carpel tunnel surgery on her right hand, and I need to stay with her for a couple of days afterwards.  She visited the surgeon today, and he made it sound like there's not much to it.  He said two days after surgery, they will put a brace on it, and she will be good to go for as much as she feels like doing!  I hope he's right.

We did stop at a couple of scrapbooking stores on our way up here today... I found the most awesome paper for my Oakland Cemetery pictures.  I also bought more Washington DC paper - I sure hope I use it all!  I found some beautiful paper and a Jolee's silver flower with pearls in the center for Brittany's homecoming pictures.  I think it will be beautiful - fingers crossed!  I also got some California stickers, miscellaneous patterned papers that I thought were pretty (like I need any more paper!), and some FFA stickers for Tracy - he was in FFA in high school, and I couldn't believe my luck in finding such a thing!  Oh, and I got a card kit to make some masculine-looking birthday cards.  I think that's everything.  More stuff I need to use, so I need to find the time to use it all.  Doesn't look like that's going to happen in the next couple of weeks!  ;)

No comments: